There are so many moving parts when you’re moving (see what we did there 🙂 ). It is a complicated process! We get local Kansas City home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Kansas City“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Kansas City Missouri right now!).
There’s often an overwhelming amount of details to keep track of when you’re moving on top of all the reason that made you move in the first place – job transfer, financial difficulty, sick relative, etc. which can make the process very stressful.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You certainly don’t want to get in a situation where you are paying double mortgages, especially for a home that you are no longer using.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Kansas City, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard plenty of horror stories and helped out people who’ve ended up in financial distress due to quickly changing markets leaving them stranded with multiple vacant properties. But this can be avoided.
People’s natural instinct when overwhelmed is often to freeze. But don’t worry and procrastinate. Instead, start by getting organized and getting a plan together to move things forward.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Kansas City Missouri house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Kansas City… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. After you determine how much the house is worth, you can now decide how to sell the property.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: You’ll want to get started on your hiring process right away so taht the agent can get to work. Every month longer is another month of costly expenses, so be sure to get your agent lined up right away. If you don’t know an agent, please reach out and we’ll hook you up with [market-city]’s best. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent), totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Kansas City Missouri agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are average, however. They are very similar in price, style, age, and amenities to the properties around them, just like people in neighborhoods tend to be similar. Unless your house is one-of-a-kind, HGTV awesome with no repairs then it is not advisable to set the sales price of the home super high. That often leads to the house sitting on the market followed by price drops which now makes people think something is wrong with the property.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Green Sparrow Properties And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Kansas City?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Kansas City home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Kansas City community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Kansas City real estate, so please feel free to call us at 816-800-9238 and chat with us anytime.